Are you looking to volunteer your time for an essential service that affects the lives and safety of those living within the County of Newell? Perhaps consider joining one of the 10 Fire Departments within our County.
To become a volunteer firefighter, you need to be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- Have a valid class 5 driver's license;
- Willing to learn how to become a firefighter through training nights and external training courses provided;
- Responsible and dependable;
- Come with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to help your neighbours, friends, and strangers in an emergency, and;
- A Canadian Citizen, or have Landed Immigrant Status.
We will provide you with:
- Firefighter training and practice sessions;
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- The knowledge to perform tasks safely and efficiently, and;
- Confidence to perform the challenges and demands of serving as a volunteer firefighter.
If the opportunity to become part of the County's dedicated volunteers, who provide this vital community-based service interests you, please call at 403-794-2298 to find out how you can become a Volunteer Firefighter.
Be part of the excitement. Be part of the tradition. Be part of the community. Be a volunteer firefighter.