Everyone must always wear a seat belt!
Did you know:
- Children 12 years old and under are safest in the back seat.
- The driver is responsibility to ensure that each passenger under the age of 16 years old are properly secured in the vehicle.
- The fine for not wearing a seat belt is $155.00.
- If a GDL driver drives with more passengers than there are seat belts, they will also receive 2 demerit points.
- You can reduce the likelihood of your child being injured or killed in a crash by 75% by properly using a child safety seat or booster seat.
- A child under the age of 6 and not exceeding 40lbs needs to wear a seat belt in a motor home.
If you are unsure of which type of seat your child should be in (rear facing, forward facing, etc.), check out http://albertaseatbelts.ca/parents/child-safety-seats/for more information.
For more information about the Seat Belts rules and regulations, visit any one of these sites: