In Partnership with Alberta Transportation
The Focus for January Will Be Intersection Safety
DID YOU KNOW
- Three of the top five most frequently identified improper driver actions casualty collisions occur at intersections.
- 95.7% of intersection-related collisions occurred in urban areas.
- In 2012-2016, 52.8% of fatal intersection related collisions occurred in rural intersections.
- Scan the intersection and beyond while approaching with caution.
- Always be 100% prepared to yield.
- Keep your foot off the accelerator and covering the brake pedal.
- Before proceeding, check for cross-traffic.
- Look both ways twice and continue to be aware of your surroundings.
- DO NOT roll through a stop sign.
- DO NOT follow too closely.
For more information on impaired driving, visit: