Currently, the County employs one Municipal Enforcement Supervisor and one Municipal Enforcement Officer. The officers are designated as Community Peace Officers. Each runs a patrol unit, effective for double shift initiatives or overlapping split shifts.
Education is the primary objective of this department; however where repeat offenders or severity warrants enforcement will take place.
Another key focus of the Municipal Enforcement Officers is traffic safety and preventing damage to the County road infrastructure. The Municipal Enforcement Officers are responsible for:
- Protecting County road infrastructure
- Enforcing traffic infractions on County roads
- Coordinating with the Emergency Response Plan and Emergency Operations Centre
- Providing information on legislation and County bylaws to industry, as well as the general public
- Inspecting properties for the County of Newell Planning & Development Department
- Providing assistance to the RCMP, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, and Fish & Wildlife
The department also responds for Animal Control Services. For more information in regards to our Animal Control Bylaw please click here.
Assisting Emergency Services
To Report a Problem, please click here