These forms may either be printed and submitted in person or filled in online and then printed. Please be sure to follow the directions on the first page and fill in the form as completely as possible. If you have any questions please contact the Planning and Development department at the County office.
What is development?
Development has the same meaning as section 616(b) of the Municipal Government Act, which defines development in the following way:
- an excavation or stockpile and the creation of either but does not include turning over soil with no immediate activity on the land in the near future; or
- a building or an addition to, or replacement or repair of a building and the construction or placing of any of them in, on, over or under land; or
- a change of use, or a building, or an act done in relation to land or a building that results in, or is likely to result in, a change in the use of the land or building; or
- a change in the intensity of use of land or a building or an act done in relation to land or a building that results in, or is likely to result in, a change in the intensity of use of the land.
- Development Permit Process
- Development Permit Application Submission Requirements
- Residential Development Permit Application Package
- Commercial/Industrial Application (to be completed in conjunction with Development Permit Application)
Home Occupation Permits