- A Fire Advisory – Fires are allowed, but public warning advising of extreme caution is issued. This level is a warning and may be upgraded to a Fire Restriction or Fire Ban if conditions do not improve.
- A Fire Restriction – No Fires except for approved gas or propane cooking appliances or portable propane fire pits or campfires in designated fire sites within approved campgrounds.
- A Fire Ban – No Fires, except for approved gas or propane cooking appliances.
What Can You Expect During a Fire Ban
- "A Fire Ban" - Several Fire Ban in Effect signs are posted at entrances to the County of Newell; a news release is sent out to the local media outlets; Ads may be run in the local media; a notification on the Alberta Fire Bans website is posted. Notification will also be posted on the County website and all social media accounts.
- "A Fire Restriction" - Refer to "A Fire Ban" mentioned above.
- "A Fire Advisory" - A news release is sent to the local media; ads may be run in the local media, and a notification on the Alberta Fire Bans website is posted. Notification will also be posted on the County website and all social media channels.
County of Newell Fire Advisory
Monday, April 8th, 2019 – 4:00 p.m.
The Manager of Fire & Emergency Services for the County of Newell, in conjunction with County of Newell Fire Bylaw #1839-15 has issued "A Fire Advisory” for the entire County of Newell due to the following conditions:
•Temperatures contributing to the fire risk.
•Wind speeds exceeding safe burning conditions at times.
•Lack of sufficient moisture levels.
A Fire Advisory as stated in the County of Newell Bylaw #1839-15 is defined as:
Fires are allowed but public warning advising extreme caution is issued. This level is a warning and may be upgraded to a Fire Restriction or Fire Ban if conditions do not improve.
County of Newell Fire Guardians may still issue new fire permits. All conditions contained on the fire permit shall be followed without exception. Failure to follow conditions will result in fines being issued.
All County Residents/Ratepayers are reminded that a signed fire permit is required prior to kindling fires on lands. All Permit holders are required to contact your local Fire Department prior to lighting the fire and follow all recommendations/conditions stated on the permit without exception.
Note: The Fire Advisory does not affect/cover the following properties contained within the boundaries of the County of Newell: City of Brooks, Town of Bassano, Village of Duchess, Village of Rosemary, Provincial Parks and/or First Nations Reserves.
The Fire Advisory will remain in effect until further notice.
To see a list of all fire bans within the Province, visit www.albertafirebans.ca.
For further information please contact:
Keith Martin, Manager of Fire & Emergency Services
Ashley Ferguson, Fire & Safety Administration