- A Fire Advisory – Fires are allowed, but public warning advising of extreme caution is issued. This level is a warning and may be upgraded to a Fire Restriction or Fire Ban if conditions do not improve.
- A Fire Restriction – No Fires except for approved gas or propane cooking appliances or portable propane fire pits or campfires in designated fire sites within approved campgrounds.
- A Fire Ban – No Fires, except for approved gas or propane cooking appliances.
What Can You Expect During a Fire Ban
- "A Fire Ban" - Several Fire Ban in Effect signs are posted at entrances to the County of Newell; a news release is sent out to the local media outlets; Ads may be run in the local media; a notification on the Alberta Fire Bans website is posted. Notification will also be posted on the County website and all social media accounts.
- "A Fire Restriction" - Refer to "A Fire Ban" mentioned above.
- "A Fire Advisory" - A news release is sent to the local media; ads may be run in the local media, and a notification on the Alberta Fire Bans website is posted. Notification will also be posted on the County website and all social media channels.
County of Newell Fire Restriction
Now Down Graded to a Fire Advisory
Wednesday, September 19th, 2018 – 3:30 p.m.
Due to the improvement of fire risk conditions, the Manager of Fire & Emergency Services, in conjunction with the County of Newell Fire Bylaw #1839-15 has down graded the Fire Restriction to a Fire Advisory for the County of Newell.
Fire Guardians will now be able to issue new fire permits.
County Residents are reminded that a signed fire permit is required prior to kindling fires on lands. Fire permits can be obtained at the County of Newell office during normal business hours. All permit holders are required to contact your local Fire Department prior to lighting the fire and follow all recommendations / conditions stated on the permit without exception. Failure to follow the permit conditions may result in fines.
Note: The lifting of this Fire Restriction does not affect/cover the following properties contained within the boundaries of the County of Newell: City of Brooks, Town of Bassano, Village of Duchess, Village of Rosemary, Provincial Parks, and/or First Nations Reserves.
To see a list of all fire bans within the Province, visit .
For further information please contact:
Manager of Fire & Emergency Services